Maxwell Mini Storage shares Furniture Storage Tips that improve moving efficiency and help protect Household Goods in storage. We’re locate near Maxwell AFB.
Furniture Storage Solutions
We make use of our Furniture every day without a second thought, until we need to MOVE it.
Reasons for moving your Furniture vary, including the need to create extra space.
Maybe you’re moving your home or office to a smaller space and planning to sell your furniture later. If you’re like most people, you may have too much clutter in your house and storing your furniture is the logical place to start.
No matter what the reason, it may be time to consider a renting a storage unit at Maxwell Mini Storage.
Furniture Storage Tips
The following tips will help you prioritize the moving and storage process, saving you time and money:
- Disassemble large furniture, if possible
- Apply wax to wooden furniture to protect finish
- Polish metallic furniture to prevent oxidation that would damage the finish, use lacquer for bronze or copper
- Use professional services to clean and preserve furniture whenever possible
- Wrap some form of cushioning around areas to prevent scratching and denting (bubble wrap, newspaper, towels, or blankets)
- Use end tables and dresser drawers as boxes
- Remove light bulbs and shades from lamps and wrap lamps in cushioning material
- Clean fabric furniture to prevent growth of mildew and mold while in storage
- To prevent breaking, protect glass and mirrors by using masking tape to make an “X” on the surface or placing corrugated cardboard on either side
- Place tables that remain unassembled top-down on top of mattresses or other cushioning
- Table tops can be placed against the wall
- Use furniture covers to place over furniture
Lease a Climate Controlled Storage Unit for extra protection from heat and humidity.
“No violence, gentlemen – no violence, I beg of you! Consider the furniture!” ~ Arthur Conan Doyle
Maxwell Mini Storage has a large selection of Packing and Moving Supplies to make your Moving & Storage experience as pleasant as possible.